1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13- inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Sprinkle in a teaspoonful of salt, then add rotini and stir well. Cook until just al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta and run cold water over it. Return rotini to pot.
3. While rotini cooks, prepare sauce. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add squash, raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
5. Whisk in broth, milk, and Neufchatel cheese. Bring mixture to a low boil, whisking often.
6. Turn off heat and add cheddar, onion, mustard, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and salt. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
7. Add peas, sausage, and cheese sauce to rotini and stir until evenly blended. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Sprinkle Parmesan and panko over top of pasta. Bake until bubbly and slightly golden on top, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2014