1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and have ready a bowl of ice water. When water boils, add green beans. Blanch for 2 minutes, then drain and place in ice water. When cool, drain and set aside.
2. Place bacon slices on a baking sheet. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
3. While bacon cooks, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar, oil, salt, Tabasco, garlic, pepper, and 4 ounces of the blue cheese until well blended. Thin with additional olive oil if dressing is too thick to drizzle. Set aside.
4. Wash lettuce and pat it dry. Line it up with tomato, cucumber, onion, and green beans. Using a large knife, chop lettuce and vegetables into pieces of uniform size, about 1 inch. Cut olives in half.
5. Place chopped vegetables and olives in a serving bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
6. Divide salad among 6 plates. Top each with a portion of chopped egg, crumbled bacon, and the remaining 2 ounces of crumbled blue cheese. Serve at once.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2013