1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2" strips. Soak in ice water for 1 hour. Drain and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
3. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in plastic bag. Toss potatoes in spice mixture to coat.
4. Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan and brush with oil.
5. Cover with foil and bake until just cooked (15 minutes). Remove foil and continue baking uncovered until golden brown (15-20 minutes), flipping fries halfway through.