1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter four mini loaf pans that measure about 5 1/2-by-3 1/2-by- 2 inches.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside. In a small bowl, stir together cranberries and 1 Tbsp. of sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, lemon zest, and 1 cup sugar until smooth and lightened slightly in color, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs until smoothly blended, about 1 minute. On low speed, mix in half the flour mixture, just to incorporate it. Mix in milk and vanilla until blended. Mix in remaining flour mixture until it's incorporated. Use a large spoon to stir in cranberries.
4. Divide batter evenly among the four pans. Place the pans on a cookie sheet for easy placement and removal from oven. Bake until tops are golden, edges are light brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
5. Prepare the glaze. In a small saucepan over low medium heat, stir together 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Use a toothpick to poke 6 holes in each of the slightly cooled loaves. Spoon about 3 Tbsp. of glaze over each loaf. Cool loaves completely in their pans.
6. The loaves can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to three days or frozen for up to one month.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2007