1. Create a breading station with 3 shallow bowls. In one bowl stir together flour, oregano, basil, and pepper. In the second bowl, beat the egg whites with a fork so they froth slightly. In the third bowl, place the bread crumbs.
2. Slice away and discard the top and bottom of the eggplant. Cut the remaining eggplant into 8 slices 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray until well coated. Heat over medium-high heat. Use 2 skillets if 8 slices won't fit on one skillet.
4. Dip each eggplant slice first in flour to coat, then in egg whites, then coat with the bread crumbs. In order to make crumbs stick you may need to lightly press them onto the slices. Spray the coating with olive oil cooking spray. Place eggplant in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes. Turn - coating should be golden brown. Place a mozzarella quarter on each eggplant slice and cook an additional 8 minutes.
5. While eggplant is cooking, slice and toast English muffins to a medium brown. Warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl.
6. To assemble, place muffin halves on 4 plates. Spoon 1 Tbsp. marinara sauce on each muffin half and top with 1 Tbsp. Parmesan. Top with 2 slices eggplant and then another 1 Tbsp. sauce and the top muffin half. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2013