1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9- or 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on high speed to whip egg whites until frothy and soft peaks begin to form, about 30 seconds. Gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute longer. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored, about 1 minute. Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar and mix until combined. Add oil, lemon zest, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add bread crumb mixture and mix until combined.
5. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and carefully fold together. Add remaining egg whites and fold until completely blended and no traces of white remain. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Place pan on a cake rack and let cake cool, in the pan, 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on the rack. To serve, place on a serving plate and dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Garnish with lemon slices and blackberries, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2009