1. Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream, the corn syrup, and salt in a small saucepan over medium, stirring often, until mixture just starts to steam; remove from heat.
2. Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a small bowl, then whisk in 1 tablespoon hot cream mixture. Continue adding cream mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly, until about half remains. Slowly whisk egg mixture back into pot, then cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until temperature reaches 160 degrees.
3. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap onto surface of custard; refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
4. Beat custard with an electric mixer on medium-high until very thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. In a medium bowl, beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream and the vanilla on medium-high until stiff peaks form, then fold into custard.
5. Gently fold pound cake and sprinkles into mixture. Transfer to a 9x5" loaf pan, top with more sprinkles, and cover with plastic. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July-August 2021