1. Bring the broth to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a wide, heavy skillet. Add the onion and cook until tender (3-4 minutes).
3. Stir in rice, thyme, and garlic into skillet with onion. Continue stirring until rice is fragrant (1-2 minutes). Stir in the wine and cook until liquid is mostly evaporated (1 minute).
4. Begin adding the simmering broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, just enough to cover the rice. Cook, stirring often, until it is just about absorbed, and add more broth. Continue this pattern of adding liquid and cooking down until the rice is slightly translucent but still white in the center (10-15 minutes)
5. Stir in the kale, and continue to cook in the same fashion until the rice is tender all the way through (5-10 minutes). Taste and adjust seasoning, adding pepper to taste. Stir in the beans and Parmesan, stirring until beans are warm and cheese has melted (2-3 minutes). Serve hot.