1. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack and arrange eggplant slices on top. Sprinkle both sides with 1 teaspoon salt and let drain 30 minutes; pat dry and transfer to a clean baking sheet.
2. While eggplant is draining, combine oil and garlic in a heatproof bowl and microwave 30 seconds to make a garlic oil. Combine beans, 1 tablespoon garlic oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and hot sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add artichokes and pulse until mixture is combined and artichokes are finely chopped, about eight times. Transfer to a small bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
3. Brush eggplant slices all over with 2 tablespoons garlic oil and return to baking sheet. Brush cut sides of rolls with remaining 1 tablespoon garlic oil and place on baking sheet.
4. Heat grill to medium, then clean and oil grates. Arrange eggplant slices on grill and cook, covered, until browned, about 5 minutes. Using a metal spatula, flip eggplant slices and continue to grill until browned and tender, about 5 more minutes; transfer to baking sheet. Lightly toast cut sides of rolls on grill.
5. Spread reserved bean mixture over rolls. Divide peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes over four ciabatta halves, sprinkle evenly with parsley, and top with remaining ciabatta.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2018