1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, whisk together wine, clam juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of scallops. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides (3 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate.
4. Cook garlic in the skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened (1-2 minutes). Add the wine mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened (2 minutes).
5. Stir in lemon juice, capers, and butter. Cook until the butter melts (30 seconds).
6. Return the scallops to the pan, add the pasta and cook until heated through (1 minute). Stir in parsley and serve immediately.