1. Position rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 425 degree F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Remove any damaged outer leaves from sprouts and trim the stems. Cut sprouts in halves or quarters to uniform size so they cook evenly.
3. In a large bowl, combine sprouts, oil, salt, and pepper, tossing to distribute. Transfer sprouts to prepared sheet and shake pan so sprouts are in a single layer; set bowl aside. Roast sprouts until deeply browned, about 20 to 25 minutes, shaking or stirring occasionally for even browning.
4. While sprouts are roasting, toast almonds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring to prevent burning, about 3 to 5 minutes. As soon as they start to brown and smell toasted, transfer to a plate to cool.
5. In the bowl used to mix the sprouts, whisk together vinegar, honey, and pepper flakes if using. When sprouts are roasted, transfer them to the bowl and gently stir to coat, allowing the vinegar and honey to soak into the layers of the sprouts, being careful not to break apart the layers. Add Parmesan and half the almonds; stir to distribute. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2015