1. Steam carrots until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 18 to 20 minutes.
2. While carrots are steaming, heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until soft and tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl or a food processor.
3. Add fennel seeds to the skillet, and heat until aromatic but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add to the shallots.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready a 9-inch square pan or 1 1/2-quart souffle dish.
5. Add steamed carrots to the shallots and fennel seeds. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender. Add tofu, and continue blending until completely combined and very smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, puree all the ingredients in a food processor.
6. Add salt, remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, baking powder, and lemon zest to the puree. Add the egg yolks and blend until mixture is well combined and smooth.
7. Pour the mixture into the pan and spread surface evenly using a spatula. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. The top should darken slightly, but not brown, and begin to show cracks.
8. Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2013