1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly sprayan 8- or 9-inch square pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Cut or tear (kids like tearing) bread slices into 1-inch pieces, place on baking sheet, and toast in oven for 10 minutes. Bread should be dried, but not browned. Transfer bread to the square pan.
3. Add peas, tuna, and 3?4 cup of the cheese to the pan and stir gently to distribute.
4. In a medium bowl, gently beat eggs, then add milk, dill (if using), salt, and pepper, and mix gently to combine well; try not to let the mixture get too foamy. Pour over bread in pan. Press bread cubes down with back of spoon. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes or until bread absorbs some of the liquid. Sprinkle surface with remaining 1?4 cup cheese. (Can be made to this point 1 day in advance. Keep covered and refrigerated.)
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until set (add 5 minutes if made in advance andrefrigerated). Let rest in pan 5 minutes, then serve hot.
Source: Fresh Magazine march, April 2010