1. Center a rack in oven and heat to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" loaf pan and set aside.
2. Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, mash three bananas until mostly smooth, then add eggs and whisk to combine. Add coconut oil, sour cream, and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
3. Add half of dry ingredients to banana mixture and gently stir until no dry flour remains. Add remaining half of dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth top. Slice remaining banana in half lengthwise, then arrange, cut side up, on loaf. Gently press banana halves into batter, then sprinkle evenly with demerara sugar.
5. Transfer pan to oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool completely in pan, then carefully run a knife around edge of loaf and invert to remove.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2020