1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-5- inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine both flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg. Cut open tea bag and add the tea to the flour. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg using an electric mixer on medium speed until yolk andwhite are blended. With mixer running, pour in oil and beat on medium for 1 minute.With mixer running, slowly add 1/2 cup of the sugar, then vanilla. Beat until lightand lemon colored, about 2 minutes.
4. Use a rubber spatula to stir in half the flour mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and mix on medium-low speed just until combined. Add remaining flour andmix on low just until combined. Gently stir in walnuts. Batter will be thick.
5. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Smooth surface, then sprinkle with remaining 2tsp. sugar. Bake at 350 degrees F 45 to 55 minutes, until surface is light gold and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to a plate. Serve at room temperature. May be prepared a day in advance and stored, refrigerated. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, September - October 2009