1. Preheat oven to 350degreesF. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with vegetablecooking spray.
2. Prepare the chili. Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a large pot over medium heat.Add onion and pepper and saute for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Addgarlic and stir for 1 more minute. Transfer vegetables to a plate and reserve.
3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to pan and saute turkey, breaking up meat periodically with a spoon. When turkey is no longer pink, about 10 minutes, lower heat slightly. Return vegetables to the pan and add tomato sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Stir well, then cook for 5 minutes. Add kidney beans with their liquid and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 minutes. Season with pepper, then pour chili into preparedcasserole dish. Set aside.
4. Prepare the corn bread. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, then stir in buttermilk. Pour the egg mixtureinto the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Do not overmix. Drop cornbread mixture over chili a spoonful at a time.
6. Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the corn bread comes out with only a few moist crumbs on it. Let rest 5 minutes, then serve hot, in shallow bowls. If desired, serve cheese and yogurt or sour cream in small bowls on the side.
Source: Fresh Magazine March, April 2010